Unity Fiji was registered as a political party in September 2017 to present a credible alternative to the people. We are multiracial. Our main aim is to put people first. We believe that our people, irrespective of race and religion, must live in peace and without fear, and enjoy their fundamental freedoms and rights. We further believe that national unity is the building block of peace and freedom. We recognise that inclusive national leadership without any political agenda will lead us to peace and unity. Unity Fiji pledges to the people of Fiji that we have the attributes, knowhow, experience and the will to build lasting unity across ethnic groups under a shared vision anchored in the reality that Fiji is a multiracial country and that its people must be free to keep their chosen identities, cultures and traditions.
We see ourselves as a movement to change the way politics is conducted in Fiji. We recognise that the brand of politics since independence has been polarized and dictated by political agendas at the expense of the people. We want to change the political landscape and bring moderation and inclusive leadership that listen to the people. Unity Fiji brings a new brand of politics that puts people and not politics first.
Why vote for Unity Fiji in the 2022 elections?
We understand that people have a choice of the party or person that they can vote for. The fundamental issues that differentiate Unity Fiji from all other parties are:
- We will put people first
- A clear vision of "Unity in Diversity" for Fiji shared by everyone
- A genuine multiracial party that will address all ethnic issues from a perspective of unity
- A moderate political stance that will secure unity, tolerance and goodwill amongst the people
- Our Unity Leaders were not involved in any military coup
- We have credible and inclusive leadership with a proven track record for everyone to see
- Our economic and financial management skills and experience which are second to none will provide more jobs for our youths, rescue the country from economic disaster, sustainably develop the country and spread the benefits of development widely
Unity of Opposition Parties
As our name suggests, one of the founding aims of Unity Fiji is to unite opposition parties and strengthen our chances of forming the next Government. Cognizant of the immense benefits to the opposition parties of contesting the next elections under one banner, Unity Fiji will support initiatives that promote political unity for the 2022 elections.
Our vision is "Unity in Diversity". Unity Fiji will develop a Fiji that everyone will be proud to call home. We will listen to the people so that they own and share a vision which recognizes that we live in a multi-ethnic country and what happens to one ethnic group must be of concern to others. Our collective vision will not require any one to sacrifice their God given identity.
Unity Fiji is a multiracial movement. We believe that multiracialism will enhance our opportunity to address all ethnic concerns in a lasting manner. Multiracialism is the future of Fiji’s politics. Unity Fiji will promote transparency, tolerance and understanding of our ethnic issues amongst everyone.
The values of Unity Fiji are God based:
- Love our neighbours as ourselves
- Tolerance of our fellow men
- Servant leadership
- Do to others what we want others to do to us